major Phone outage friday night no one notified

We had one of the large phone carriers go down in western pa who handle only
buissness clients at 7pm they have about 30% of the market .Customer calls
me from his cell phone  his rest. he has no phone lines. I run up to place
and find T1 line down try to get hold of carrier including all tech line
back numbers etc no answer.try down loading and calling panels i know are on
this carriers numbers getting constant troubles.Houston we have a problem.
call 911 to warn them potental major outage from this particular carrier
they tell me that a communitys dispatch is down who uses same carrier now
they know why. Calls to carrier still go unanswered state emergency
management notifys surrounding countys of major outage still no word from
carrier what is going on.9:30pm some lines start coming back up. call and
warn my central station that they will be getting runaways and fail to
communicates. They are ready for it as lines start coming back on all
evening. Call one of the big guys in my area who I help one of there dealers
out and warn them information goes right over the supervisors head doe not
understand what is going to happen.When lines come back on. Needless to say
my small central I use was ready and handled situation with limited
difficulty the big guy they never knew what hit them when ftc calls started
comming in. and it was panedmoniom over there for several hours.
now they have recivers out the automation is not sending them signals and
they do not even know they have problems tried to tell same supervisor this
afternoon when panel I was working on for my frieind was communicating to
reciver but not outputing to the operator they had recivers not working
properly and again the info went right over this supervisors head. When the
regular shift people come in monday and realise the mess that was left for
them i wonder if this supervisor will still have a job as customers of this
carrier who were broken into and signals were never recieved. start calling
an screaming.