Re: Acceptable time from walk-thru to quotation delivery

Frank Olson inspired greatness with:

>Chubb used to have an excellent quotation system.  They priced wire by
>the foot which included labour to install.  If you did your measurements
>correctly, the estimated time to install everything was pretty darned
>accurate too.  There were several pricing selections you could choose.
>Residential (meaning in wall/attic runs), commercial t-bar, armoured
>(BX), and conduit.  On runs involving shielded, RG-59U, or CAT-5 it was
>up to the salesguy to figure out exact quantity required and include the
>wholesale cost of the cable in the quote.  Of course the $399.00
>specials from ADT blew all that out of the water (on residential jobs).
>  They never "lost" on a commercial or bank job though...

I'm think of doing something similar, but not by the foot.  I
generally estimate the amount of wire and add 20% for waste, then mark
it up 100% for pulling it.  The equipment also gets marked up 80-100%
as an "installed price".  A crude formula to use is, take all your
parts, double the price, and there's your bid.