Re: home security camera - any good?

On Feb 28, 2:08 am, Matt Ion <soundy...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> sammy wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I want an entry way (front door) security camera for my home. The following
> > seems to have everything i want in a camera. You can click on the specs,
> > features, what's included links and so forth for a ggod picture of what it
> > is.
>
> > But it's very inexpensive. There's nothing wrong with that! But I just
> > wonder if it's a good deal or is it a crap or a camera.
>
> >http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=Fkf3vn76nS...
>
> I think this may be a little more along the lines of what you need - remember
> with your camera, you also need something to view it on - monitor, tv, etc.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.ca/DOOR-ENTRY-INTERCOM-SYSTEM-VIDEO-DOORPHONE-73421_W...
>
> (Note: link provided as an example; this is not to recommend or endorse this
> particular item).

Not a bad camera, but a bit bulky. In addition to the camera, you will
need a monitor for viewing and a DVR (new technology) or Time Lapse
recorder (old technology) to record history. Check out this page for
alternatives:

http://www.storesonlinepro.com/store/1900598/category/226890?sitecookie=6b9f1466466eea86421a56b838ae3576