Switching alarm system - can I convert my database?

We are upgrading our commercial alarm & access control system to one
sold by another vendor.  Our current system has a database consisting of
our cardholders, alarm point descriptions, instructions etc. which we'd
like to "mine" and copy to our new system.

The software licence seems to restrict us from doing anything but
operate our current system.  Does anyone know of a situation where this
type of data mining has resulted in litigation over infringement of a
software licence?