Re: New DSC Docs...WTF?

Mark Leuck wrote:
> "Doug" <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Its not so much that its all on one fold out sheet, its more that it
>> doesn't follow any logical sequence. If they started at location 001
>> and followed though in sequence then it would have been fine.
>>
>> Doug
>
> True but it still doesn't tell you much of what each area of
> programming does, you then have to go to the reference guide and who
> needs 2 books when 1 used to work?

The 832 and 864 came with 2 books, an "Installation Manual" which detailed
the panel specs, programming options, etc., and a "Programming Worksheets"
booklet with just the programming entries. I rarely need the manual, but I
use the worksheets every time I keypad program a panel. The 1555 had the two
books combined, which was OK. Whoever put the new "Map of Horror" together
was either on drugs, or trying to make a very simple panel seem extremely
complicated to program.
js