Re: WTB harsh envir motion

> Our company is in a bad area. You would think with
> six IP cameras mounted outside, and signs everywhere
> they would stay out. Three attempted break ins with
> four months. They must think we keep gold in their :-)

A few years ago in Windsor, CT, there was a series of
break-ins via basement windows.  There were enough
of them that the police set up a task force to catch the
perps.  It turned out to be a father-son team.  Apparently
dad was either too big or not agile enough so he sent
his young, teenage son in through the window.  The
boy then let his dad in and they would ransack the
place.  They finally caught them.

The events caused a lot of people to start calling alarm
companies.  We used to foil residential basement windows
(just the utility type windows I described earlier; not
full size, multi-pane windows).  I don't recall how many
systems we sold in the area at the time.  We were
always busy anyway.  I do recall that the town looked
as though it was hosting an alarm convention.  It seemed
as though there was an alarm company truck in every other
driveway some days.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass