Re: silent or audible

In most cases I believe audible is better, the purpose of an alarm from a
customers point of view is probably to reduce the chance of a burglary and
in the event of a burglary to minimize the loss, not necessarily to capture
a burglar. An audible alarm is hopefully going to drive the intruder out of
the property before they have a chance to find anything of real value. If
police response was guaranteed within a few minutes then a silent alarm may
be the way to go, but in many areas police response is abysmal, in large
part due to the number of false alarms generated by alarm systems, silent
alarms only add to that problem since the property owner is unaware that
they have caused a false alarm until the police arrive.

Doug