Re: Keypad height

> I was serious in a previous post...I use
> the tip of my nose for the height to cut
> the keypad hole...

I just eyeball it.  The difference seems
(assuming you're not extraordinarily tall)
is ours are five or six inches lower.  That
won't make a difference for adults but I
like to teach even 10-year olds how to
operate the alarm.  For one thing, they
tend to remember better than adults.

Hmm.  Perhaps I should start catering
to the pre-teen DIY market.  :^)

> (we never use rings or boxes for
> keypads because you can't line them
> up real purty with the light switch if
> you put up a ring)

I don't like rings or boxes for keypads
for another reason as well.  They require
a large hole in the sheetrock.  Besides,
electricians rarely mount their devices
plumb.

--

Regards,