Cleaning

Cleaning smoke detectors I have a building that has 30 - 40 10 year old
smokes. I was thinking of taking them down and cleaning them with a can of
dry air. It will take some time and a 25 ft pole and attachment.
Some are 8 ft some as high as 30 ft.

I took one down to see the name ect and it didn't seam as dirty as I would
have suspected.

Should I waste my time? In this case Its a volunteer job

Richard