Re: Keypad height

> I commercial installations I think mounting the
> keypad to a fire pull station height works best.
> If you use that mounting height in a residence
> you won't have to worry about any new owners
> having issues.

NFPA72 requires pull stations be mounted 42"
to 54" from the floor.  ADA, however, puts the
height at 48" above the floor.  That's close to
what I've done for years, long before ADA came
around.  Before ADA we always installed pull
stations an inch or two above the light switch.
That was compliant with NFPA but would not
have met the ADA standard.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass