Re: running alarm wires in existing home

op: "...in existing home" - meaning a retro-fit.

& they certainly don't build homes like they used to, although the op didn't
state how old the house is...I can guarantee that looking at how a new house
is constructed will give little insight into how you could run wires in a
1920's plaster & lathe brick townhouse...etc.