Mortgage Phone Spam: How to get rid of these jerks

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C7B84F.740B6720

There's a company running a mortgage scam in Florida.
They have a dialer that calls every number in a given
prefix in sequence several times a day, every day of the
week.  They completely ignore the state's "Do Not Call"
list.  Asking to have your number removed from their
database is useless.  They have been calling four and
five times a day for weeks.  Verizon says they can't do
anything about it because the company is using another
telco provider.

I got tired of them so I punched "1" when prompted and
got to hear a recording promising a 1% mortgage.  At
the appropriate time I again punched "1" to speak to a
"financial counselor" (a scam artist, actually).  I told him I
was, "very interested but busy right now.  Can I fax you
the particulars?"

The scammer said sure and gave me his fax number.
Next I started Adobe Photoshop and created a new
8" x 10" image.  I filled the image with a solid black
background, selected the text tool and set it's color to
white.  I chose a 36-point Arial font, centered and
wrote in the middle of the page:

REMOVE MY TELEPHONE
NUMBER FROM YOUR
CALLING LIST

I DON'T WANT A NEW
MORTGAGE

I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE
PHONE CALLS FROM YOUR
COMPANY

TAKE THIS NUMBER
OFF YOUR LIST
(home number)

I then created a Word doc, inserted the image in
the middle of the page and copied it to 100 pages.
The doc was saved as a PDF file.

Then I opened my PC fax and ....
Voila!  No more calls.   :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
941-925-8650
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34233
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=============================>

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C7B84F.740B6720
	filename="Robert L Bass.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Bass;Robert;L
FN:Robert L Bass
ORG:Bass Home Electronics
TEL;WORK;VOICE:941-866-1100
TEL;HOME;VOICE:941-866-1100
ADR;WORK:;;4883 Fallcrest Circle;Sarasota;FL;34233;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:4883 Fallcrest Circle=0D=0ASarasota, FL 34233=0D=0AUSA
ADR;HOME:;;4883 Fallcrest Circle;Sarasota;FL;34233
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:4883 Fallcrest Circle=0D=0ASarasota, FL 34233
X-WAB-GENDER:2
URL;HOME:http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
URL;WORK:http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx