Re: Keypad height

> What is the standard keypad height for
> mounting an LCD Ademco Vista keypad.
> I'm 6 foot tall.

Most LCD keypads are designed to be
easiest to read while looking down from
above the unit.  I always preferred to install
them a few inches above the light switch
next to the door from the garage, the front
door (when appropriate) and the master
bedroom door.

Side note: As long as the keypad cable
doesn't run close and parallel to the electric
wiring for more than a few feet it's not a
problem.  On prewires I would pull the
cable up from the basement or down from
the attic in the next stud bay over from
where the lighting cables run.  I'd drill
through the stud at keypad height and
bring the wire over, leaving about 18" of
slack for a "service loop" in the wall in
case I needed to move the keypad in the
future.

--

Regards,