Re: Are there smoke alarms rated for unfinished attic?

On Jun 28, 5:23?pm, baga...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a 3 story house in Raleigh, NC. THe 3rd floor is unfinished
> attic space with a regular staircase walkup i.e parts of that attic
> can be finished to give us an extra room with bath and closet.
>
> Currently there is an outlet installed to add a smoke alarm. The
> outlet seems to connected to other smoke alarms in the finished space
> of the house. I was thinking of adding additional smoke alarm there to
> get an alarm if a lightning strike caused fire in the attic.
>
> I did call the smoke alarm manufacturer - Firex - but they said they
> did not have any smoke alarms rated for attic space use.
>
> Are there smoke alarms rated for the attic? I would like any smoke or
> fire in the attic to trigger the other smoke alarms in the house.
>
> Are there alternate solutions ?
>
> Thanks
> Bob

Hi Bob
Without trying to sell you something, the answer is that there aren't
any smoke detectors that are rated for use in an unfinised attic. Rate
of rise heat detectors are recommended.

With regard to Robert Bass, There are some good people and some bad
people. This person has a bad reputation here and elswhere in Usenet.
Before you consider buying anything from him, please take a look at
his terrible BBB report. He'll tell you anything and act as if he's
your best friend, just to get you to order from his website. He gets
no respect from anyone who frequents this Newsgroup.

http://www.bbbwestflorida.org/commonreport.html?bid=41001663