Re: Aiphone video door station in cold weather

On Jun 6, 12:11?am, OmbreJau...@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in the Aiphone JFS serie of door video intercom for my
> new home.
> I've read the online manuals and specs. What's bothering me is the
> technical
> precautions say the operating temperature for the outdoor video
> station is
> -10C to +60C (+14F to +140F).
>
> But I'm living in Canada and the temperature during winter can go down
> to -30C (-22F).
> Could it be a problem? Has anyone used it in a very cold weather
> condition ?
>
> Thanks.

I'd check with the manufacturer but I'm guessing that the only thing
that would happen is that during the really cold weather, the unit
would simply, "slowwwww down".

I wouldn't mount it in a highly exposed location, (direct exposure to
water, ice, snow) if at all possible and you should make sure that you
weather proofed it as much as possible with insulation and sealing to
avoid condensation.

In my experience, cold doesn't destroy moisture protected solid state
devices ..... but may cause them to become sluggish or temporarally
stop working.