Re: How to Takeover Any Alarm System

Jim Rojas said:

>We shall see what happens. I just finished the draft for the motion I
>have to file in a few days.

I hope this time around you will make the effort to learn what a motion is
supposed to look like.  There are court rules that specify the details.  It
would behoove you to follow them.

Keep in mind that this motion must not argue the merits of your case.  It
is a motion asking the judge to set aside the default.   Basically, you
need to explain to the judge why you didn't file an answer to the
complaint, and promise that from now on, you will play by the rules and
meet all the deadlines.  It would help if you can tell the judge you've
hired an attorney.

If the judge grants your motion, then you will need to prepare and file an
answer to the complaint.  Your "Response to Civil Action" is not an answer!
You really need some professional help with this, because your answer must
not only admit or deny each allegation in the complaint, it must also list
any affirmative defenses you intend to raise.  If you have any
counterclaims against Brink's, this would be the time to do that as well.

You are playing in the big leagues, against lawyers who have played this
game before.  I think you are already in over your head, and this is just
the beginning, assuming the judge allows you to continue.  It's going to
get a lot worse.  You may think you can't afford a lawyer, but you can't
afford not to have one.

- badenov