Re: Testing Popits

There is not a way to test POPITS with a multimeter that I am aware of.
Popits work differently than say a Honeywell SIM. There is not serial number
in a POPIT. It works by timing. There is a start signal from the panel. Then
there are about 250 "slots" allocated in aprox 10 ms increments and whatever
gets reported in at that time slot is going to be the condition of the zone
associated with that time slot. The horror of troubleshooting a system with
a lot of POPITS is that the extra or missing POPIT number showing at the
keypad means almost nothing once its timing is off. There is a divide and
conquer troubleshooting technique that takes many hours to use to discover
the guilty dog.