Re: Wireless system recommendation

"Another Joe" <whatever@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Tlawh.7019$eH.5152@xxxxxxxxxxx

> "Bob La Londe" <alarm_wizard@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Another Joe" <whatever@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Looking for a wireless system suggestion for the DIY. A little
>>> background
>>> first, I no expert but I've installed and programmed (for CS) a few FBI
>>> systems,  so if I could do another FBI-XL1 to XL2T I would be good to
>>> go.
>>> That said I'd prefer to install another FBI but the location would be
>>> too
>>> difficult to for an all hard-wired system so that is why I was looking
>>> for
>>> suggestions.. obviously looking for something could do both wireless &
>>> hardwire so that I wire as much as possible. I've only been to the
>>> location once and that was for something else so from what I remember
>>> they
>>> would only need 4 zones (5 max) and fire, may even do the entire system
>>> with 3 zones wireless. So that would be door contacts and 1 or 2
>>> wireless
>>> motions and maybe throw in a widow or two. I would also like to hard
>>> wire
>>> the smokes too.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions on a wireless panel would be greatly appreciated.
>>>

>> The Napco P801 will handle 8 wireless alarm points no problem, and has
>> dedicated 2 wire fire zone that works well with their own line of
>> Firewold
>> detectors or the ESL 2 wire smokes.
>>
>> Any Gem Wireless device will work with it (as far as I Know) just add
>> the
>> RECVXP8 receiver.  Their wireless smokes have given me no problems
>> either.
>> Just change the transmitter batteries regularly.
>>
>> In addition to the 8 wireless burg points it will also handle upto 4
>> wireless smokes and 4 keyfobs.
>>
>> Its pretty easy to program if you fill out the work sheet in
>> advance.  Its
>> a little funny to program the wireless addresses, but its not to bad.
>>
>> P.S.  Is this Joe P. ?
>>

>> --
>> Sincerly,
>> The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from.
>>
>> The Security Consultant
>> Bob La Londe - Owner
>>
>> (928) 782-9765 ofc
>> (928) 782-7873 fax
>>
>> Licensed Contractor
>> ROC103044 & ROC103047
>>

> yep, that's me,, I guess the FBI reference was a dead give away..... hate
> to do it but it looks like we are about to join the wireless
> generation...easy for you, but how easy for me with my programming
> experience *limited* to the XL-2's, think I could do it?  when you say
> wireless addresses, that would be like a MAC address... BTW- still riding?

I think they are way easier to program than an XL-2(X) series panel.  My
first one took me maybe 20 minutes.  Now I fill the work sheet out and
program one in about a minute and a half.

Basically each transmitter has a hex address.  Its printed on the
transmitter.  That's the only semi difficult part of programming one from
the keypad and as always I'ld be glad to call the panel when you get the
phone connected and check it for you.

Yep, I still ride, but not as much as I used to.  My latest machine is a
Kawasaki 1600 Mean Streak.  I may buy another new Harley sometime, but not
this year.  Actually I fish bass tournaments more than ride these days, so
it didn't make sense to buy another poser machine.  Just something to putt
around on.