Re: 3 Wire Smokes?

In line:

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message
news:RIKdndFMY7ljoyfYnZ2dnUVZ_silnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Unlike security alarm installers and service
> > techs, fire prevention companies...
>
> There's no such thing as a fire prevention
> company.

Quick.  You better call up:

Fairlane Fire Prevention Ltd. and Vancouver Fire Prevention Co. Ltd. to tell
them they "don't exist".

> > Property managers that employ our
> > services often request we test the
> > in-suite smoke alarms.  When they
> > don't work (or the resident disconnects
> > them because they're always falsing)...
>
> Hmm.  Who would want to hire a company
> whose products fail so miserably?

I dunno.  The last guy said he purchased them "online" and couldn't get the
vendor to respond.  Something about the email not working and some problem
with a phone in Brazil.

> > we replace them.  We've had good
> > success with the Firex product line...
>
> I can understand the "success" you have.
> Firex is one of the cheapest brands on the
> market.

Really?  I don't see you "suggesting" an alternative.

>  By constantly replacing them the
> dealer can make a bundle.

Actually the only one we've had to replace was defective out of the box.  We
provided an "advance replacement" on the spot.  Can your service "beat"
three minutes?

> Unfortunately,
> the customer gets jiminexed having to pay
> exorbitant service call charges plus
> having to pay to replace the junk detectors
> because, as this character admits, they are
> always falsing.

Ummm...  We're there to perform the annual test on the fire alarm system.
Replacing defective smoke alarms is part of the service.  The client is
billed for the cost of the detector which includes a "modest 35 percent
markup".