Re: Telular Telguard TG-1 & TG-4 Service Pricing

 "Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> , wrote:

>> In our state (Illinois) everyone "in the trade" must be licensed by the Dept. of Professional Regulation, including "online
>> sellers". Isn't it ironic that he (and his Liberal views) had to run away from a Democrat state to set up shop in a Republican
>> state in order to conduct business without excessive government oversight and regulation. In our highly Democrat state (blame
>> Chicago) he couldn't sell squat.
>
>You're either extremely ill informed about your state laws concerning your own profession, a liar or both.  My bet is it's both.

My bet is that he knows what he's talking about.

>According to Illinois Public Law:
>"PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS (225 ILCS 447/) Private Detective, Private Alarm, Private Security, and Locksmith Act of 2004.
>(225 ILCS 447/Art. 5 heading)  ARTICLE 5. GENERAL PROVISIONS."
>
>"Private alarm contractor" does not include a person, firm, or corporation that manufactures or sells alarm systems only from its
>place of business and does not sell, install, monitor, maintain, alter, repair, replace, service, or respond to alarm systems at
>protected premises or premises to be protected."
>
>This clearly exempts retailers, online or otherwise, from license requirements.  The Illinoin legislature obviously has the same
>attitude about this as does virtually every other state legislature -- contractor licenses are for those who go out and install
>stuff.

But there is a problem here, Mr Ass.  See the stuff about:

1>  "monitor" (which you admit to by activating cell communicators)
2> "service", "alter" (which you admit to performing by remote
programming)

>BTW, since I never lived in Illinois, you saying I "ran away" from there is... a lie.  Then again, no one expected any better from
>you.

He said you ran away from a blue state that is implied as
Connecticut.

What makes you think you can do whatever you want with complete
disregard of the law in the jurisdiction?  If a jurisdiction requires
the "monitor" or "alterer" or "servicer" to be licensed than you have
to be.  Norco alarms or Home Security Source (for example)  do not
engage in this type of activity that you insist on providing,
illegally.  It doesn't matter where "you" live, asshole... What
matters is where the service is being provided and for whom.