Re: Emergency Call System

On 26 Jan 2007 10:01:31 -0800, "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Jan 25, 11:570m, Carnival Midway Hawker <d...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 25 Jan 2007 20:52:15 -0800, "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi Allen.
>>
>> >Try this one.www.alarmelectronics.com
>>
>> >Model # AE107That does not do what he wants, at all. He wants " ability to have a
>> motion detector watch for activity so a supervisory signal can be sent
>> if they are not up and moving around."
>>
>> The only way I see to do that is with a PLC or perhaps the ELK-G.
>
>I just checked their website.
>Try this link.   See page two of the PDF file.
>
>http://www.alarmelectronics.com/ae107userINFO.pdf

Gotcha.  It's actually on page 3..  "Inactivity Monitor"..

So there is an input on this device that by default accepts status
from one motion detector for it's logic.  I wonder if this can be
improved upon by integrating a burglar alarm sending status changes,
like a follower of the "ready" light to improve the logic capability?
It would be trivial to set up a relay to follow the "ready" status,
and you could even initiate a shunt when the system is armed by using
a timer to trick the input circuit of the ae107 by providing a
momentary open/close when the system is armed (target is sleeping). Of
course I'd still want the be operational if the target has the system
armed and is not sleeping- perhaps some user input like a button press
every so often could let the unit know she's still kickin' with on
override option.