Re: Emergency Call System

> BTW Allan, there has been a "lack of activity"
> function available on at least one popular
> security panel line for quite a few years.

The function is called "Sensor Watch."  It's a
Napco feature.  Here's a brief description:

"Sensor Watch Time: Interval for Sensor Watch
Activity failure."

"The Sensor Watch value should be selected
according to the anticipated activity within the
coverage area while disarmed. In calculating
the Sensor Watch time, it should be noted that
only the disarmed hours (the time between
armed periods) are added. In moderate traffic
areas, a Sensor Watch time of perhaps 24
hours may be appropriate, whereas in remote
areas, a time of 48 hours or more may be in
order. Sensor Watch time should be calculated
for the Sensor Watch Zone with the least
amount of traffic."

Basically, you select which zones will employ
sensor watch in the "By Zone Features" screen.
Then in the "Time Selection" tab of the "System
Assignment" window you select the number of
hours.

You can trigger one or more relays upon
Sensor Watch timeout.  These can trip a zone
for CS alert, turn on a light, activate a voice
pager dialer or whatever else you like.

This isn't flexible enough for a dedicated elder
care system but it could be employed as an
ancillary function on a burg system.  However,
as I mentioned earlier you could get the ELK
system to do it with lots more options and
greater flexibility.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass