Re: Emergency Call System

> I have several elderly customers needing
> an emergency call system for home use...

I saw an article on one of the established alarm manufacturers recently where they are making (or are soon to release, don't recall
for certain) a system that can not only detect lack of movement but can "learn" an elderly person's habits such as when they open
the medicine cabinet, how long they normally sleep, etc.  The system will report to the CS whenever there's a significant change.

Sensors can be placed on the fridge door and food cupboard doors.  No signal for a few hours?  They aren't eating or may have taken
a fall.  It might have been in one of the trade rags like SDM or SS&M.

I talked to an ELK Products engineer about this sort of application using the ELK EZ8 a while back.  He felt the system could handle
it with some creative configuration and programming.  I haven't tried it out yet but it might be worth your while to discuss it with
them.  ELK is more expensive than most of the dedicated elder-care systems but it's also able to do far more.  You may be able to
sell a comprehensive burg, fire and elder care package for upscale clients.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics