Re: Emergency Call System

>I have several elderly customers needing an emergency call system for home use.  I have used the ITI model with two way voice.
>What are you guys using?  I like the ability to have a motion detector watch for activity so a supervisory signal can be sent if
>they are not up and moving around.  Not sure that I like two way voice.  Our homes are big here and short of putting
>microphones/speakers in multiple areas, cs is not likely to be able to hear the users, not to mention that these elderly users may
>not be able to hear the central station.

BTW Allan, there has been a "lack of activity" function available on at least one popular security panel line for quite a few years.
The system counts the number of hours a given zone (motion detector, cupboard door, whatever) has not been violated during a
disarmed period.  If there's no activity the zone can trigger an output or signal.

The design purpose of this "watchdog" feature is to warn of a failed sensor.  However, with a little creative thought you could use
it for elder care.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass