Re: alarm system

> Since you decided to drag me
> into this thread...

You post using an alias, then pretend
you're not part of the thread.

> I think what Frank meant...

Speaking of oneself in the third person is one of the symptoms of schizophrenia.  Perhaps you should borrow some of Cracker's meds
next time you get together for inverted play.

> was that before the customer
> cancels his POTS line he should
> ensure the alarm panel will
> communicate over VOIP...

I was under the impression that the gentleman was a tech installing VoIP.  If so, he's arriving after the customer has already made
the decision to switch.

> Mind you, in most instances where
> the customer opts to covert to VOIP,
> we're given very little notice...

"We?"  Is that you and your aliases?  No one gives you (or your aliases) notice of anything regarding VoIP.  That notification, if
given at all, goes to the alarm company -- not a distributor.  You're not an installer.   You may resume talking to yourself now.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics