Re: Recomendation for reliable inexpensive monitoring service.

Roland wrote:
>>describing how he'd programmed a Napco Keypad to say
>>something that everyone knew he couldn't have done.
>

> I don't get it. Why BS about something that silly? What's the point? Why
> would a burglar be looking at a keypad in the first place? Why would a
> burglar be intimidated by such a message? If the burglar had already gotten
> to that point and was comfortable enough to be reading keypad messages like
> that (versus alarm zone messages scrolling on the keypad) I don't think he
> would be the one in trouble.

I "don't get it" either.  What's really funny about this particular
"installation fairy tale" is that no one in what Bass terms "the IB"
picked up on it until Bob La Londe asked him how he managed to do it.
Bass, BTW, still hasn't offered an explanation except to make his
typical vague reference ("it's in the manual").