Re: DSL and 2-line phones

> The DSL isn't working.  We already
> have (2) 2-line phones and I believe that's what the problem is. I think I
> have to run a seperate line from the NID off one of the lines directly to
> the DSL modem. I think that's the
> only way the DSL will work.

The problem is that the filters the telco supplies with the DSL service "start-up package" are designed for single line phones.  You
are right that it will be easier to get things work correctly if you run a dedicated DSL cable to one jack.  To do this, install a
DSL filter at the NID.  Connect the cable that leads to the DSL modem to the NID.  Connect the other cables to the filter.  Your
problems should go away.

BTW, if you have 3-pair wiring (common in homes and offices built in the last 20 years or so), you can run the DSL on the third pair
to every jack.  That way if you decide to move the DSL modem later it will be a snap.  I've seen people do that using 3-position
wall plates.

For example, you can do something like this...
    Top: Line 1 (Voice)
    Middle: Line 2 Filtered (Voice)
    Bottom: Line 2 Unfiltered (DSL)

Best of luck.