Re: HD CCTV?

> Don't get too excited... I'm not hopping on the anti-Bass bandwagon just yet, but I also don't like being pandered to.  Obviously
> I'm not just some DIY shmoe dropping by here for Bass to sell stuff to.  I asked for suggestions, not sources.

I assumed you were a dealer and offered a suggestion.  I had no intention of sourcing anything for you since presumably you can
order the same places I do.

>> Anyway, does the customer *really* need 1080p????

No.  He probably saw how great TV looks in HD and assumed CCTV would be just as good without realizing how much HD costs.

>> Very few monitors will display it...

Lots of monitors will display it.  The problem is they're also very expensive and for CCTV it's not worth the cost.

> Of course, since we originally pushed
> the IP-camera idea, they've decided that since they needed to have a computer
> anyway, they should also want to be
> able to webcast AND burn off DVDs for
> the departing customers as well, but of
> course, they want it all to be "easy",
> and I can't come up with any way to
> really do this with an IP camera...

You may find it easier to implement using
an Internet-ready DVR such as Speco's
new one.  I mentioned it recently (don't
recall which thread).  The customer uses
a web browser to view / operate the DVR.
Connect a few conventional or IP cameras
to the DVR.  Let them use the PC's
built-in DVD burner and you won't have to
service it.

> Whether they REALLY need 1080p,
> I don't know...

Probably not but you really need to find
that out for sure first or you'll price yourself
out of the job trying to accommodate a
want that isn't a need.

Ignoring the original rudeness in return
for replying to your request for help, I'm
not trying to sell you anything.  If you
happen to need something I sell I'll
give you the number of my distributor.
However, I neither said nor did anything
to deserve your rude response.