Re: Recomendation for reliable inexpensive monitoring service.

That is correct.   I wrote the following:

>> Note to new visitors:  At this point several
>> of the "professional" installers will make
>> up stories of AHJ's demanding that only
>> a local, independent dealer do the
>> monitoring.

The city of Livermore did not require the central station be a local, independent dealer.  They made themselves the sole provider,
effectively eliminating recurring revenue for all private monitoring companies.  That is what infuriated all those dealers (who were
of course only interested in protecting the good citizens of Livermore).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics