Re: Configuring CO loop on NX8E

> The disadvantage of using only four conductors in the standard
> configured loop with the eol resistor at the CO unit is that if I run
> the loop through the contacts of the relay, it will give an alarm
> signal when power fails or for some other internal problem unrelated
> to the presence of CO.
>
> Therefore you can plainly see that if I wish to avoid sending the fire
> department using the configuration in the previous paragraph I can not
> make use of the trouble relay contacts -- which is a terrible waste of
> good engineering and leaves the homeowner vulnerable to a unit that
> someday will faill -- and I and the homeowner won't know about it.

It's a catch 22 type situation.  One method can cause an unwanted alarm.  Another can make the system miss an actual alarm.  Because
of that I much prefer to keep alarm and trouble on separate loops.  You could get around that on a commercial system using a class A
fire loop but then you have the issue of a CO detector on a fire alarm zone.

About the only solution I have come up with is to use separate zones.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics