Garage Door Contact - Any alternatives to drilling concrete?

I would like to wire a contact to my residential garage door to
indicate when it is open at a remote location and possibly connect to
an alarm system.   The relay and the wiring I can handle.

What I don't like are the large contacts that need to fastened to
drilled into the concrete driveway.  This seems to be the most common
type of contact available.  I know they are sealed but I have issues
with lots of water and drilling holes in the concrete that may lead to
damage later on.

Can anyone recommend alternatives?

I'm looking for something simple like a mercury tilt/position switch
that can be mounted on or near the support rails.  Before I jury rig
something, I was wondering if anyone has had success with something
off-the-shelf.

I've tried wireless.   In my setup it doesn't work... the distance is
too great.  The door would come down and the receiver would get stuck
with the indicator in the UP position.

Thanks!

Beachcomber