Re: Wireless alarm goodies

>>> I'm sure Robert that YOU know
>>> how to circumvent that RFI
>>> problem, but you are to snugger
>>> and avoid to tell it to the public,
>>> manufacturers...
>>
>> You overestimate me.  I have yet to
>> find any evidence of an RFI problem
>> so I've made no effort to circumvent one.
>
> Of course you don't find any evidence...

But you say I have knowledge of the
problem and its solution.  How is that?

> the system is deaf on alarm giving
> during RFI, its just dead and you
> don't know it, no warning...

While older, simpler systems might have problems this is not the case with newer designs.  The presence of a "jamming" signal will
trigger an alert if it interferes with the RF supervision.

> Intruders with a small power transmitter
> on the frequency, they know the system
> is bingo but they will not tell you that
> Robert.

The vast majority of burglars are not equipped with RF transmitters.  They just kick in a door and do their dirty work.  Also,
thieves rarely know which system is in place, let alone what frequency it uses or even whether it is wireless or hard-wired.  In the
United States the primary cause of burglary is drug addiction.  The typical drug addict, if he came into possession of a tunable RF
transmitter capable of overcoming an alarm system, would probably sell it for money to buy a fix.

There are a very small number of "professional" thieves compared to the thousands of idiots looking for a fix.  True pros almost
never try to defeat an alarm system.  Instead they just select another house that is less likely to cause them problems.  Those with
the knowledge, skills and equipment to defeat a modern alarm system usually target the most expensive estates where they can get a
multi-million dollar haul.  Those places rarely employ inexpensive wireless systems.  Many of them have multi-tiered security
systems incorporating CCTV cameras, alarms and even guard services.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics