Re: Strange Phone Line Issue

Able-1
We've had problems with the DSL  from Bellsouth for years..
even worse  if the household  has an online computer or other dsl devise
full time..
we've had to to switch to a outdoor extra deep notch type dsl filter.
place the filter at the demark box outside  then split the comm signal for
the house through that filter, 1 line for the rj-31 and house phones second
line for the dsl devices..
thats the only way we've been able to get a stable remote access to our
panels.
((using FBII  and related comm chip set devices,))

hope it helps

that early click  your hearing is the modem for the dsl devices attempting
an ID  of the voltage drop to the line..

RTS

"ABLE_1" <royboynospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Had a strange occurrence today with a customers phone line that is still
> un-resolved.  Thought I would share and see if anyone has any hints as to
> what's going on.
>
> Customer has one phone line.
> Standard set up with RJ31X.
> Phone line has DSL
> DSL Filters installed.
> System Communicates Signals to CS, all good
> Normal phones in house with Answering Machine and CID Box
> Previous connection for UpDownload OK.
>
> Problem comes up when I try to connect to panel remotely.  Panel will hang
> and then disconnect.  Went to site today and used my laptop to connect to
> the panel thru my "private phone company in a box" which would be the same
> as connecting over the phone line.  Connection is good and data
transferred
> as it should.
>
> Connected my Butt Set to the phone line and dialed with my cell phone to
> trigger the panel to answer, Answering Machine Bypass function enabled.
> While listening to the amplified speaker I heard what sounded like a modem
> answering with a carrier tone after the first ring.
>
> To bring this narrative ahead a bit, I ended up at the demarc and with the
> house, panel and all disconnected so that I was connected direct from the
CO