Re: Vista 20P macro question

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:39:29 -0500, "Bob Sisson"
<bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>My new Vista 20P is up and running.
>
>As I have a Zone expander with an extra relay or two, and the 5804 Keyfob's,
>I have a question.
>
>Can I assign/create a MACRO for the 5804 Loop-1 that (a) disarms the alarm,
>(b) closes a relay, (c) opens the relay.
>
>ie, I want my keyfob to open MY garage door and disarms the alarm with
>1-button.

You can trigger a relay to activate based on several conditions, in
this case you 'ld want to program and output function based on a "zone
number".

First setup your relay in *79 menu mode.

Then you'll want to program an "output function" in the *80 menu mode.
You' want to set it up like this:

Output Funct. # = 01 (assuming this is the first output function)
Activated By: = 3 (zone number)
Enter Zn No. = xx (requires 2-digit zone numbers)(this is the zone #
your "off" key is programmed to -zone type 22-)
Output Action = 1 (close for 2 seconds)
Output Number = xx (device mapped in *79 Menu Mode)

See pages 5-8 through 5-12 in the manual.

--
"As we know, there are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.

Feb. 12, 2002, Department of Defense news briefing - (Donald Rumsfeld)