Re: Cox ARRIS Touchstone

Crash Gordon wrote:
> Hey Jim...thanks.
> I think I will put a permanent note on my printed invoices...so they'll get
> a notice with every quarterly billing.

Just so you know Crash, I found that the note at the bottom of the
billing kind of goes unread too.

I went out and bought some yellow stock paper and printed up four
notices on each page. Cut them with the paper cutter and insert them
with the bill. Nothing fancy. That really got the better response. Got
and still get lots of phone calls from people considering going VoIP.
Usually they opt out or keep a basic line for the alarm. In a few
months, I'll change to another bright color and I think they'll read it
again, thinking it's something new.

Just a side note. Since almost day one, I've always inserted a 3X3 cut
notice
that I get printed at my printer that says, "TEST YOUR SYSTEM once a
month or at least every time you receive your billing from us." With my
company name on it. It's printed on a bright orange, green etc paper.
My reasoning for this is three fold. Obviously ...they should test
their systems.
The second reason is, if there should ever be an "incident" and the
system doesn't work, for some reason, there's no saying that they
weren't advised to test their system regularly.  And thridly ..... When
I go on service calls, I see these little notes stuck behind the
keypad, on bulletin boards, refrigerators, etc. So it serves the
additional purpose of always keeping the name in their mind too.

Every little bit helps.