Re: Problem With ADT System - Need Advice

Just before you guys go off the deep end discussing evolution versus
creation I thought I might bring up some points that everyone can agree
with.
For one, none of us was there at the time so no one on the planet can say
with certainty just what happened.
Taking a course in evolution doesn't expose one to the origins argument,
that only happens in bars, religious circles, newsgroups and the like.
The Bible never mentions the word species or intelligent design.
The concept of a species is vigorously debated in scientific circles, it is
not a settled topic for many in that community. Outside that community
species is thought to be well understood because regular folks think of
species like the animals in a zoo; distinct and each to his or her own cage.
Contrast that with someone that is convinced that a type of bacteria may be
a different species from an identical one, because each type thrives in a
slightly different temperature range. Certain other species reproduce before
reaching their adult form. That is called neoteny. Would animals that are
otherwise identical be considered different species if one was neotenic and
the other not? Is everyone still awake? This is pretty boring stuff.
That is my point. A species is an imaginary scientific concept that
describes living things and then groups them according to how (essentially)
their genetic makeup changes, (or doesn't change actually) over a typical
human lifetime. There is nothing divine or even terribly interesting about
it.
And since religious scholars, evolutionary biologists and astro physicists
never hang at the same bar, no one brings the concept of pan spermia (the
notion that life started somewhere off the planet) to the table in a serious
fashion.
If you fell asleep with the remote in your hand, stay tuned. The silly posts
you may encounter following this may be entertaining.