Re: How to replace battery

Robert L Bass wrote:

> Indeed.  I never liked that kind of cheap crap.

Yet you "extol" it's virtues on your web page.  Is that a "lie" or is it
"fraud"?

> I've instructed a few people to do it.  It's about the simplest procedure there is, requiring neither skill, knowledge no
> experience.  However, if you find it challenging I can understand your concern.

Then tell us O great Guru...  How do you trim the charger on a PC-3000...

> Actually, these are usually clients who relied for years on their professional installing dealer to maintain the system before
> dropping the monitoring contract for whatever reason.  The low battery warning is often the first indication that the system had not
> been properly serviced, sometimes for years.

Ummm...  Are you saying the professional alarm dealer should be
"servicing" the alarm system on an annual basis, perhaps once every two
years?  What?  And who's going to "foot the bill" for this "service"?

> So is an alarm company that doesn't bother to replace a battery for six or eight years until the client finally drops their service.

I don't think so, Robert.  Most times the customer doesn't want
"service" until the panel's beeping or the "trouble light" is on.  Very
few customers appreciate a "pro-active" approach.

> I'm not surprised that you think that.  Fortunately for me, there are lots of end users who get fed up with that kind if trewatment
> (not to mention that kind of attitude) and go searching the Internet for a new supplier.  Just as Bob Campbell has made a good
> living for years taking over accounts from one particular, well-known alarm company whose services are notoriously bad, I make a
> nice living helping the people guys like you used to abuse.

<sigh>

> These are usually ex-clients of "experienced" alarm techs who have ignored routine service requirements so long that only a good
> DIYer can save the day.  Most of the time when we get a DIYer who has taken over service after a "professional" alarm installer did
> the initial job, it's because the "professional" dealer either screwed up the installation, failed to service it in a timely manner,
> charged rip-off prices, failed to respond promptly to alarms or some combination of the above.

Is that why you decided to go the "DIY" route??  Your installation
company "screwed up the installation, failed to service it in a timely
manner, ..."

> BTW, I'm not saying that all or even most alarm dealers do such bad work.  I like to believe that this newsgroup is not
> representative of the industry at large -- that most are actually intelligent, caring people rather than liars and frauds

<snip>

Sure...  Robert...  More unsubstantiated nonsense from one of the
foremost liars in USENET.  Let's examine "the record", shall we?  You
"list" Mike S. (AlarmSuperstore) as a "liar" and a "fraud".  Granted,
he's "stooped" to your level on a number of occasions (and exceeded it
on many more), but let's look at something a little more in the way of
published evidence.  Lets compare BBB reports.  How many complaints are
there against the stores you run as compared to the single DIY store
Mike runs.  As for the "liar" and "fraud" bit...  has Mike *stolen* the
property of others to "give" away to his customers (or anyone that asks
for that matter) as you have?   Can you honestly tell us that the
various manufacturers you *say* you represent condone your distribution
of their password protected software?  Before you label *anyone* a
"liar" and a "fraud", I'd suggest you look in the mirror.

Which brings up the subject of Graham (whom you continue to label as
"Cracker").  I'd like to know what he's "lied" about and what "fraud"
he's committed.  Now if you say he performed an illegal credit check on
you then we both know that's a "lie" which *you* continue to perpetuate.
  We *both* know where he obtained your social security number from and
we *both* know his employer at the time didn't perform credit checks so
there's no way Graham could have utilized "his employer's resources".
You should really stop lying.

If we were to use your own justification for providing the Honeywell
Dealer Internet Access Code (that it's been freely posted on USENET a
number of times - mostly by yourself) then seeing your SIN posted again
and again shouldn't present a huge problem, now should it?

You've accused me of telling "millions" and "hundreds" of lies, yet you
continue to bring up the same "two" and moreover have yet to provide any
proof that they *are* in fact "lies".  Where do I work, Robert?  What's
the name of my employer?  I suppose if you repeat your lies and innuendo
often enough, you will eventually believe them yourself.  I don't
however think that extolling the virtues of DSC while running them down
here will win you a whole lot of "points" in the "honesty" department.
You "post" one thing but state something completely different when it
comes to "hoodwinking" your customers, don't you?

>>I would never monitor an alarm
>>system that is that badly maintained.
>

> Well then, we finally found something in common.  :^)

I don't think so.  You don't "maintain" anything and you don't "monitor"
anyone.

>>I don't pick my customers based on their
>>IQ, only their ability to afford my services...
>

> So you say your customers are stupid but at least they have enough money to buy what you sell?  OK.

There's about fifty people that have purchased product from you since
1996 that probably think they were really "stupid" to do that too.  Your
BBB report speaks volumes.

>>The average DIYer may be smarter than
>>you, but certainly not smarter than any
>>professional installer I've ever met...
>

> In your dreams, Bubba.

Nah...  The average installer is way smarter than you, Bass.  He may not
be as "well educated", but then after "five years of college", what do
you have to show for it?

>>Then again, I've never met you..... Oh,
>>right that doesn't matter - you're not a
>>professional installer...
>

> Not any more.  I ran a central station alarm company for 24 years though.

Another "lie".  You registered a company in 1979 (the same year you got
convicted of felony assault).  You moved to Florida in 1999.  Do the
math, Robert.  Then tell us how you "ran" this company for "24 years"
(or how you "installed and serviced systems").  On second thought, don't
bother.  It would all be a lie.

> We were small so I kept a hand in installation and
> service even after hiring techs.

"Kept a hand"...  Uh-huh...  sure...

> It was a fun way to make a living but I found something more lucrative that also affords me the
> freedom to travel extensively, spending several months at a time at my second home in Brazil.

When are you next leaving?  I'm looking forward to it.  I just love
those "stories" about your Brazilian "VOIP" service and how "close"
you're able to stay to your customers (which can only ever contact you
through this Newsgroup).

>>You only run an internet store.
>>Nothing to do with installing or
>>servicing alarms or monitoring
>>Florida customers.
>

> Yup.  However, I've spent more years installing and servicing alarms

I doubt you spent more than ten.  Probably closer to "five".