Re: Have you heard about the "Unlocker"

It's more profitable to turn the customer against their old alarm
company by telling them that the alarm company locker THEIR panel with
a special code.  I love seeing the look on their faces and even more
when I get to listen in when they bitch out the previous company.  It's
the whole "it's my home and my property" concept that gets them going.
Most don't take the "for the good of the customer" routine very well,
but I've heard it a few times.

Best practice: don't lock your panels and don't use a standard
installer code.  Set the installer code to the same 4 digits as the
account number and not only do you get a customer who can't complain
that you're "locking up THEIR system" but it's unique to every panel.
So if someone back doors one, they don't have the code for every panel
in the U.S. *coADTugh*.