Re: How to replace battery

Crash Gordon wrote:
> A 3 year old battery may test good today, but not next week. I replace them
> at 3 years, based upon my experience over the years that's what I get out of
> a battery.

I use my trusty "Canadian Tire" battery tester.  It's also a VOM, but I
don't use it for that (I have a Fluke).  The tester was actually
designed for automotive batteries and measures recovery time after a
load has been placed on the battery.  It's a nice feature.  I find the
SOTA batteries are giving us about 5 years on any of the DSC "Power"
series panels.  On some of the Paradox stuff I could probably get more,
but I don't "push it".  Kantech eats batteries.  3 years max.