Re: Gemini P3200 - * ZONES FAULTED ***

mpsully@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> My Gemini P3200 system recently started telling me that all of my
> Entry/Exit zones are faulted.  No wiring changes or other changes at
> the panel have occured.   Although, I am not sure if it caused the
> problem, this condition seemed to occur after I tried to enable Chime 2
> on these zones (undoing this did not help).
>
> Oddly Zone 7, which is not set as an Entry/Exit zone is not faulting
> and neither is zone 8 whis is set as a 2 wire fire zone.
>
> I tried erasing the dealer program (4091), but that did not help.
> When I reset the system, I receive the prompt for RF Transmitter points
> and Key Fob Transmitters .   I do not hav either type of device in the
> system.
>
> Any help on how to clear this status would be greatly appreciated! <

An alarm system is a Life safety device which only shows it's value
during an emergency situation, and if an emergency arises you need that
system to be operating at 100%. You're having trouble with your system
and don't know why. Now you're trying to fix it yourself. STOP! Have
someone come in and check your system. The couple hundred bucks you
spend now could result in lives being saved.

This thread consists of replies from people either trying to sell you
something, trying to dissuade you from online purchasing, all sorts of
tech advice, and shortly will consist of personal attacks (my favorite
part).
Nobody involved gives a flying fuck about your problems. Anyone that
claims they do is lying.
It's an egofest. Some want to show you how much they know. Others (like
me) are only involved in this thread to throw verbal dukes.
Some of these guys know what they are talking about and some don't. The
hell with the ones that don't but how are you supposed to tell which is
which when you don't know any of us nor do you know what the problem
is? It's a crapshoot.
I don't know the first thing about Napco but I could post stuff I find
on the web (good or bad info) and look like Mr. Wizard, based on the
delivery of the info. I can also sell you Napco equipment but that
doesn't mean I know zip about it.
Some guys that are hands-on Napco geniuses don't/won't hand out free
advice (and who can blame them?).
Go to the Napco site and find a dealer in your area. Have a pro repair
it if possible. If the panel is shot then explore all replacement
options.
Don't take a chance your family's safety.