Re: Can an alarm with PGM outputs, and/or other outputs, be wired to an X10 sensor?

On Feb 28, 7:27?pm, anonymous <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Jim,

<Snip>
> On the question of 60% reliability and "it just never works", it is not
> your word against mine, it is your word against the many individuals,
> some evidently quite knowledgeable in electrical systems, who have
> claimed to have effected and maintained 95% reliability in the course of
> years. You have both been well meaning; you have both got experience.
> The only "professional" difference that I can detect between your advice
> and theirs is that you have in the end turned a technical discussion of
> the pros and cons (and hows) of a system into a somewhat sour
> confrontation. This mode of persuasion cannot and should not persuade
> me. Peace now.
>
> > I install alarms and X10 for a living ..... for over 36 years. If I
> > thought X10 was a viable technology ..... I and thousands of other
> > professionals would be using it.
>
> Professionals can normally afford higher end, more hassle-free
> solutions. Some of us who are not quite that lucky just have to do our
> best with what we've got. Obviously X10 is not for everyone, even in
> lower price brackets. It seems to be mainly for problem solvers who are
> willing to make small sacrifices in reliability in order to get some
> unique extra security features on a budget.
>
> I'm sure that the products that you professionally endorse are better
> than X10 in all sorts of ways. Again, if your product can integrate with
> house lighting, can interface to a PC for complex control and to load up
> my multi-webcam program, or the equivilent, at a price like that of X10,
> then please tell me your product; I will seriously consider switching
> over to it.

In the farthest reaches of your imagination ....can you think of any
reason why anyone here would not ever suggest anything to you?  Can
you fathom why no one else has joined in to help you?

All I can say is ..... the next time you've already made up your mind
about what you're going to do about security, regardless of what
anyone here says ...... come-on back and ask us another question.

Toodles.