Re: cameras on public property question

> Is it a problem if a network DVR street camera is picking up private
> properties yards and such? I want to cover the front yard of a customers
> property sidewalk, street but it may not be possible to eliminate the
> neighbors  properties. Thanks in advance.

It's a mixed bag. We recently had a neighbor with a PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) on a
pole by his garage. City made him take it down. Did they have a legal right
to do that? I don't think so. (Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, blah, blah,
blah.) Cities can put up cameras all over the place, but a private party
can't? That's garbage. But, personally, and professionally, I can make an
argument in both directions.

Here's one recent case:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4191/is_20061102/ai_n16844245

I would just warn the customer to consider using the most low-key camera
possible, and to keep their mouth shut when talking to neighbors. With luck,
nobody will care or notice.

Eric