Re: Call Forwarding

On Feb 27, 7:51=EF=BF=BDpm, "Jim Rojas" <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have had Vonage for about a year now. Though their quality isn't as good
> as other VoIP providers, I haven't had much trouble downloading panels. It
> all a matter of bandwith with Vonage. I switched one line to Brighthouse
> VoIP...I noticed a big difference in quality...no echoes, no signal loss =
or
> dropped calls so far.
>
> Jim Rojas
>
> "alarman" <alarman2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > dean.zell...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> I installed Vonage for my home and want to keep my landline for my
> >> alarm.
> >> If I use only =A0call forwarding to forward my landline number to my n=
ew
> >> Vonage number, will this caese any disruption on my alarm should the
> >> alarm activate?
>
> >> thanks
>
> > No, but it might prevent your alarm panel being accessed for
> > up/downloading by your alarmco.
> > js- Hide quoted text -

That doesn't address the call forwarding question.

In this area, Cablevision has dedicated bandwidth for their VoIP
service. Vonage and the other carriers are relegated to a narrower
bandwidth as allowed by FCC reg's. I presume it's that way elsewhere
too.

As far as downloading on a call forwading line, I can't see how it
could happen reliably, if at all.