Re: home security camera - any good?

On Feb 27, 4:43?pm, "sammy" <s...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want an entry way (front door) security camera for my home. The following
> seems to have everything i want in a camera. You can click on the specs,
> features, what's included links and so forth for a ggod picture of what it
> is.
>
> But it's very inexpensive. There's nothing wrong with that! But I just
> wonder if it's a good deal or is it a crap or a camera.
>
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=Fkf3vn76nS...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sammy

First, you have to know that the cameras that most professional
use ..... bare minimum  .... start at about the $200.00 level. In my
opinion, the above camera doesn't tell you what lens it has, 24 LED's
is NOT going to get you 45 feet of night viewing, the .8 lux is not
great and you need more than 420 lines if you want to see anything
clearly. But, on the other hand it's probably worth $59.00.