Re: What's New?

On Feb 27, 4:33?pm, "E. Hill" <anyb...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It is a always such a pleasure to see profits tank from technical issues
> > beyond your control.
>
> I know a guy that only works T&M. He'll give you a good estimate, and he'll
> sell you the hardware at cost. But, installation is all hourly. Profitable
> way to do business, if you can.
>
> Eric

Yeah, that would be a great way to work but you know damn well, how
many people would just pad the hell out of the bill. There's just too
much temptation.

Occasionally, I'll get into a position where I can do time and
material. Like if the structure is going to be changing while the job
is in progress or sometimes if it's an unusual house or an old house
and you don't have any idea what you're going to run into. ..... just
on the off chance there's some kind of problem, I say T & M on that
portion of the job. But most of the time, if you don't run into any
problems, it usually turns out to be pretty much what I would have
quoted anyway. I think that after a few years in the trade, if you
don't have it down about how much it's costing you ..... you're
probably out of business anyway.