Re: Programming ADT Safewatch Plus RF

On Feb 26, 4:42 pm, "alarman" <alarman2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Don wrote:
> > I'd like to add three sensors to my ADT system.  I bought the sensors
> > on Ebay for a fraction of what ADT would sell them for, but now I
> > realize that probably part of the cost was programming.  Can anyone
> > offer some suggestions on exactly how the new sensors are to be
> > added?  And then, how is ADT notified of the changes for monitoring?
> > Thank you,
> > Don
>
> Sure.
> Step 1: Call ADT
> Step 2: Schedule a service call.
> Step 3: Pay the nice technician to do the work properly.
> js

Evidently I touched some nerves with my question.  A little
background.  I bought this system new over ten years ago, paying a
fair amount of cash at the time for what I assumed was a good system.
Generally, I still think it is a good system although I've wondered a
few times why the response to an alarm would take up to 30 minutes.
(These were  accidental by guests).  Over the past 10 plus years, I've
paid $25 and $30 a month to have the system monitored, which, other
than for what I just mentioned has been worth it for my peace of mind
when I'm gone for the week leaving the family at home.
I own the system - ADT does not and ADT has no obligation to me other
than to provide the services I pay for each month.  By the same token,
I owe ADT only for the services they provide each month.   Because the
system is mine, I feel I can make any modifications or changes that I
desire - including adding sensors that were purchased from non- ADT
sources.
I evidently made an incorrect assumption that this group was for
discussing problems, issues, questions, etc., so thanks for the quick
education.