Programming ADT Safewatch Plus RF

I'd like to add three sensors to my ADT system.  I bought the sensors
on Ebay for a fraction of what ADT would sell them for, but now I
realize that probably part of the cost was programming.  Can anyone
offer some suggestions on exactly how the new sensors are to be
added?  And then, how is ADT notified of the changes for monitoring?
Thank you,
Don