Re: Customers with dry pipe sprinklers need to take prec.

 Unfortunately  the acumulators were located in cold rooms  with no heat and
improper maintenance.
once again becuse this is Pa. contractors and building owners do what they
feel like and ahjs let them get away with it.
I had temp sensors at water side of valves one actually saved one of my
customers on a wet system last week when the heat went out. I did not
realise the accumulators  on these 2 systems were where they were I had low
preasure supervisory switches in use but they failed to catch the problem
becuse the pipes froze and broke immediately without dropping air preasure
beforehand  to warn ahead of time but in both cases the main air switches
did activate and called fire dept . But in the one case key holder was 1 hr
away and fire dept refused to make entry and shut off water despite having
permission from owner to do so.

Like i said this is backwards Pa.  despite  the fact we now have a UCC code
which enforces ICC fire codes compliance is very lacking in many areas AHJ's
have little or no training despite fact they are supose to and existing
structures will continue to cause headaches.for years to come becuse they
were built with the i do not care attitude.