Re: remodeling house, need to move sensors

On Feb 24, 7:15 pm, "Robert L Bass" <s...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Feb 24, 3:03 pm, "onedayatatime" <shaak...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I'm in the process of remodeling home, replacing doors,
> > windows.......I have an ADT wirelss system and need to relocate teh
> > sensors to the new doors but don't want to pay the service fee of
> > professional.  When i try to move the sensor the alarm activates and i
> > get a phine call from monitoring.  Can anyone give me the info on how
> > to move these things?
> > Thanks in advance for any help
>
> Just call the central station and tell them to put the system "on
> test."  Then move the sensors to wherever you need them.  When you're
> finished, call and tell them you're finished testing.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Basswww.BassBurglarAlarms.com
> Online DIY Alarm & Automation Store

Understand that he's now voiding any warranty on the system the second
he moves or services the components, and if any devices become damaged
he's responsible for replacement at ADT's rates. He's better off just
paying for the service call.