Re: remodeling house, need to move sensors

"Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Actually that's not very good advice.  Removing the covers on a battery
> powered sensor will trigger the "cover tamper" alarm.

I think the OP knows this as he stated that is exactly what happened when he
opened the sensor.  In which case he would enter his code to stop the tamper
alert.
This is what a tech would do that had been sent out there to move the
sensors.

>This will generate a signal to the CS that tells them you're actually
>"monkeying" with the system.

that's why one would put the system in test first.

>"Monkeying" is not allowed under the terms of your contract and could well
>generate a service visit which will become "billable" when they discover
>what it is you've done.

really?  you give adt alot of credit.  somehow I doubt they are that on top
of things.